Friday, May 27, 2011

You know how Kelly feels about shoes?

That's how I feel about strawberries. When we got to the greenmarket last weekend and I saw the first few blue paper cartons of strawberries for sale, I was like: "Oh. My. God. Strawberries."

The first few handfuls were eaten simply - sliced, in a bowl, with a fork. Real, local, in-season strawberries are hard to improve upon, of course. But I'd also been tempted by the rhubarb at the market, and I knew I wanted to make something warm and sweet with that classic combination of strawberries and rhubarb.


So I made this strawberry rhubarb crumble from Smitten Kitchen. It was really awesome - just sweet enough, though with plenty of buttery crumbles on top.


Served with a gigantic dollop of slowly melting whipped cream, this dessert deserves a song of its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment